HPSDR - Pandora Enclosure kit
General Description and Features.
- Dimensions are (approximately) 12.2 inches wide, 8.7 inches deep, and 5.3 inches high (footprint such that an SDR-1000 can sit on top of it)
- Atlas mounts in the center rear with six covered slots for access to card I/O (like slots in a PC case)
- "Hatch" in top cover to allow card access without disassembling the case
- Room for LPU power supply
- Room for Alex filter bank, and rear panel cutouts for Alex connectors
- Numerous cooling vents, and provision for a fan (not included)
- About 3 x 12 inches of unused space across the front for additional component mounting, such as an amplifier.
- Made of .062 aluminum for easy drilling.
- Painted in black powder-coat and screened
The following pictures are of the final design without the silk screen labeling which will be on the production units.
Photos by Stan, WA1LOU.
One of two demonstation units at Hamvention 2009.
Blue LED illuminated fan not included in kit.
The other demonstation unit at Hamvention 2009.
Populated with Alex, Atlas, Ozy, Mercury, Penelope and LPU.
The price for the Pandora Enclosure is:
$ 99 US for members of TAPR
$ 109 US for non-members+ shipping/handling if applicable.
Shipping and Handling
Shipping and Handling within the US will be by USPS Priority Mail.
International shipping costs are calculated as closely as possible. If the actual cost exceeds the estimate by more than $10.00, TAPR will contact you to get approval for the additional funds. TAPR uses insured Priority Mail International, unless the purchaser requires something else.
International Shipping on this item is estimated to be $46.00 for shipment via USPS Priority Mail International with insurance or $33.00 for shipment via USPS First-Class International Package without insurance. Two Pandoras will cost $54.00 to ship.
Other HPSDR kits
Alex Bandpass filters ... Read more.
Atlas Backplane ... Read more.
Excalibur Reference Oscillator ... Read more.
Janus Audio Converter ... Read more.
LPU Power Supply ... Read more.
Magister USB Interface ... Read more.
Mercury RX Module ... Read more.
Metis Ethernet Interface ... Read more.
PennyLane TX Module ... Read more.
PennyWhistle PA ... Read more.
Pinocchio Extender Board ... Read more.